In 2021, the ceiling for the BGF application budget was increased to SCR 2 million. The eligible groups for the large grants are:
- Civil society organisations, including NGOs and academia.
- Government departments and agencies
- Parastatals organisations
NOTE: Individuals are not eligible to apply for large grants
To qualify for the large grant, interested applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Organisation with significant experience in supporting marine protection.
- Proven capacity (qualification, competence, knowledge, skills and experience) of the project team (including partners) to manage and successfully deliver on specified project outcomes and large projects.
- Previous experience and track record in implementing successful projects of SCR 2 million or more.
- Book-keeping and other financial management systems in place